Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Forgotten and Never Before Used


 Good morning!  Today I am playing with colors that I seldom use....purples and lavenders.  I was inspired to use these colors by the photo inspiration in the Fusion Challenge and I also used the sketch too.   When I was looking for a floral stamp to use, I came across a Martha Stewart set that I bought for $1.99 many years ago but had never taken out of the packaging.  The flower stamps were great for my Fusion card as well as Darnell's NBUS challenge.  I also found a background that I had made but never used.  The background was made with white glossy paper that I embossed with 2 EF's, one of which I inked showing the design in purple and I also sponged with blue ink. Finished with a sentiment embossed with gold EP.


Challenges:
Fusion Card Challenge:  See graphic on right. I used colors and floral theme from photo with the sketch.
NBUS Challenge #4:  Darnell has another challenge for us to use Never Before Used Schtuff with a theme of Anything Goes.  I have used NBU Martha Stewart Stamp set and also NBU Glaze pens in Purple and Blue.
613 Avenue Create Challenge:  Anything Goes with Option of Purple
Seize The Birthday: Anything Goes with focus on Sentiment.
Mine is Anything goes.













Supplies:
Stamps: Martha Stewart Clear ....no name on stamp. GKD Birthday from The Northwoods
Ink: Versamark, Memento Elderberry, Grape Jelly, Lulu Lavender, Summer sky
Gold Embossing Powder
Glaze Pens Purple and Blue
EF: Cuttlebug Divine Swirls and Stylized Flowers
Papers: Glossy White, GKD White, Lavender CS
Corner Punch

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty card! And I really like your blog background too!

Kelly Griglione said...

I don't use purple too often either ... that's what I love about challenges. Your card turned out wonderfully! Thanks for joining the Fusion Challenge!

Colleen said...

Pretty background and the flower is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is so pretty, Theresa! I love how all the challenges came together to be the perfect opportunity for you to make this gorgeous and colorful card!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa (aka CropDropNRoll) said...

What a lovely PURPLE card, Theresa! Love the background. Thanks for bringing this beauty to our door at 613 Avenue Create.