Thursday, March 26, 2015

Christmas Tree in March




It's a rainy day in Ohio...a good day to stay in and make cards and post on my blog. And yes I am still making Christmas cards.  I am sharing this card that I made for the Merry Monday challenge.  When looking for a tree image to use I came across a Penny Black set  Wonder Collection that I received for Christmas (a freebie in a card magazine)  and never used.   I stamped the tree and sentiment from the set on GKD Ivory CS with Memento Cottage Ivy ink and trimmed to the correct size.  Using a Ivory card base, I added a layer of green Houndstooth pattern paper from Pebbles, a layer of DCWV Red Foil CS, and topped with the image.  For sparkle, I attached red rhinestones to dress up the tree.  This looks much better in real life ...hard to capture the foil CS in a photo.


Challenges:
Merry Monday Christmas Challenge: #151 Use a Tree on your card.
NBUS Challenge #4: Darnell challenges us to use never before used schtuff.  I used a never used Penny Black stamp set and Red Foil CS.
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge: Theme is Christmas
The Glory of Christmas Challenge:  Christmas Tree
Craftyhazelnut's Pattern Paper Challenge: All about using Pattern Paper



 Another view of my card on right.



I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

14 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love your gorgeous tree and simple layout. Thank you joining us for Merry Monday.

Alison Barlow said...

I love your CAS card, Theresa. The tree is such a pretty green colour and the red gems look lovely on it - so simple but so effective. Thank you for joining in our Christmas Challenge at Fab'n Funky this week.
Alison

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty Christmas card!

Sally H said...

A very elegant card. simply beautiful

Bonnie said...

This is such a beautiful Christmas tree, Theresa! How lucky to have gotten it free! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

sweet art designs said...

Love the added gems. Thank you for sharing with us at the Glory of Christmas. - Myrna DT

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Such a lovely, elegant design!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday this week!

Judy1223 said...

Hi Theresa, I came over from Merry Monday because I adore this classic, gorgeous Christmas card! What a lovely tree and I adore the gems...so pretty!

Inkyfingers said...

Such a beautiful, elegant, CAS card - love it!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Just love the colors and your pretty design! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is a beautiful classic, Theresa! I love the simplicity of a Christmas tree standing alone on a card. Here, I love how you added the perfectly-placed red ornaments! And that houndstooth paper is super behind the red mirri mat!! Thank you so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

Jan Ltc said...

This is fab. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky. xx Jan

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

So beautiful!! Love the added bling! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 55 and my Patterned Paper March challenge with your lovely crafting, Hazel, DT -- you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too. x