Thursday, February 19, 2015

Happy Birthday with Pattern Pow


Hello!  I love to play with pattern papers almost as much as I like to color.  This card was made with 4 patterns from Fancy Pants Wonderful Days pad.  I stamped GKD's Butterfly from Hope is Faith set  on a pattern square with Memento Tuxedo Black  and colored with a Memento Marker Dandelion.  I then sponged around the butterfly with Distress Ink Broken China.  Following the sketch from Sketch Saturday,  I arranged sections of the papers on a base card and attached the image.  The GKD Sentiment from Stippled Nature was stamped with Memento Nautical Blue.

Challenges:
Stamp TV: Mix It Up Monday-STV15MON7
Backgrounds Challenge-You have to use  at least 3 different patterned papers and / or
you can use ink refills as Kendra did in her tutorial. I used some sponging as I do not any ink refills with me.
Sketch Saturday: Sketch #348 by Alex
CAS on Sunday: Theme is Chevrons
Sweet Stamps Challenge Blog: Challenge #209 is Happy Birthday
Seize the Birthday: Toppings  option is Hearts and/or Arrows. There are Arrows on the pattern paper.
 
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Olga said...

Gorgeous card!!!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

What awesome inspiration this is for using up the patterned paper hoards we have! I love your design, Theresa!! Hugs, Darnell

Debra Miller said...

Great mix of papers and love the butterfly stamped on the text, such a great look. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! Hugs Deb

Colleen said...

I struggle with pattern paper, but you have used it beautifully and made a wonderful card...love that you stamped the butterfly on the pattern paper! thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Shelly said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

Glenda J said...

Lovely mix of patterns. Love the butterfly on the text paper. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Vannessa said...

Great card and I love all the different patterned papers on this one. Thanks for joining in the Sketch Saturday Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

Hugs, Vannessa
Sketch Saturday DT

Roxie said...

Nice mix of papers and pretty butterfly.
Thanks for joining the SweetStamps challenge.