Sunday, February 8, 2015

Dahlias for My Darling

Hello!  Over a year ago I purchased some Susan's Garden Dies with a gift certificate prize  and have not used but one of them.   I decided it was time to learn to use and make more flowers.   I used Green and Pink Cardstock with the Dahlia dies and a Copic pen to shade the petals.   I'd like to get some Pan Pastels if I start making a lot of flowers.  I cut the petals and leaves and shaped and assembled them following a video by Susan.  it was quite easy and with practice I should improve and do faster.  I made the card using a Tuesday Morning sketch, Pink Card Base, layer of unknown pattern paper from my stash, a bit of lace, and white Sprinkles colored with Copic Marker.  The Repeat Impressions sentiment was stamped on Pink Scrap in Memento Bamboo Leaves ink ..... also edged this layer with the ink.

Challenges to enter:
Tuesday Morning Sketches: #286 Shown on right
Clear It Out Challenge: Theme and Stash is Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion: Always Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky: Challenge 245  is Hearts and/or Flowers
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge:  Technique Challenge- fashion 3D items on your project


 I love all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Pat K said...

Very beautiful card. Love the colours and that gorgeous flower.
Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K xx

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! I love your flower!
Thanks so much for playing along this week with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Very beautiful card! love colors and flower. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for the Craft Your Passion Challenges - hope to see you again soon, hugs, Helena

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card, your flowers is so pretty. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Irene Watson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Irene Watson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Irene Watson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.