Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Candy Canes and Corners

Hello!  Yes I am back to Christmas cards.  I have become addicted to some of the Christmas challenges and enjoy checking them out weekly.  This card combines 2 of the challenges using Candy Canes and decorative corners.   I had to use a digital image of  Candy Canes....no Christmas stamps here with me... and printed the sentiment on my computer using a Candy Cane Font which I downloaded for free.  I tied some Bakers Twine to the canes and added some above and below  the sentiment. The top corners were decorated with sections cut from  a red doily cut with a Cheery Lynn die which I had in a bag of leftovers. 
Challenges:
Merry Monday Challenge: #145 Candy Canes
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: #215 Decorate a Corner
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra:  February Challenge is Anything Goes
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round: Theme is Red and White
Clear It Out Challenge: Theme-Red: Stash-Red Embellishments


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a cute digi image, Theresa! Love the sentiment too! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Theresa, your image and sentiment are lovely. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Kristie Goulet said...

I love that so many of the entries use digi images. What a lovely image it is. Great sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday.

Nicole Parmentier said...

I had to look twice since they look a lot like real candy canes! Lovely card!!

Anja Curvers said...

This is great I thought it were real Canes how awesome.

Lynn's Place said...

Thanks for stopping by CIO challenge blog...great project done here <((><

Sarah said...

What a great card, I can't believe it's digital, it looks so dimensional, the wonders of modern technology!! Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR and our red and white challenge. Good Luck!! Sarah :0)

Susan Joyce said...

Fantastic card, love how you brought all the different design elements together. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Hazel said...

I’m so sorry I’m late with commenting, but it’s been a difficult time. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon x

Helen said...

Beautiful - a really crisp design.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

Helen x