Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Water Colored Camellias

Hello!  Today I am sharing a card that I made with Power Poppy digital stamp Camellias that I received last month but have not used.  I printed the image on water color paper and water colored with Distress Inks Picked Raspberry and Peeled Paint and a water brush. I printed the image a second time and fussy cut the larger flower which I also water colored and layered that with foam tape for some dimension. I added some yellow glaze to the center of one of the flowers.  I loved the look of the flowers and decided to let the image be the star of this card.  I just simply matted with Pink CS and attached to the Green card base.   I printed the sentiment from another Power Poppy digital for inside the card also matting with a Pink CS.

I really like the look that I achieved with water coloring....it has been awhile since I did this technique.
 Challenges:
Happy Little Stampers : January CAS challenge is Watercolouring.
Power Poppy Peep of the Week: Share any creation made with Power Poppy stamps.
NBUS Challenge #3: Darnell challenges us to use Never Before Used Schtuff.  I am using this Power Poppy Digital stamp for the first time.  
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says use something New. I used a new stamp.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is really pretty Theresa! Great colouring. Hazel x

ChristineCreations said...

Lovely work with these camellias Theresa!

Sue W said...

Yours is the second card I've admired today using one of these stamps with a watercolour technique. Both are beautiful! I love the simple styling you decided on for your card the flower is the star!

Loll Thompson said...

Hi Theresa. LOVE your watercoloured Camellias ... gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers.

Kylie said...

oh my, these flowers are so beautiful! Amazing watercolouring!! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

These are just lovely! I like the crisp and clean feeling of the background, lovely card. Thanks for playing in our Peep Of The Week!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Brilliant job of watercoloring, Theresa! That image alone would have made a stunning card, but popping up another layer for dimension takes your card to a whole other level!! Well done!! Thank you so much for linking to my NBUS Challenge #3!! Hugs, Darnell

jenn shurkus said...

Such a beautiful card! I love how you colored it :) Thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp!

Leslie Miller said...

Theresa, this is just beautiful! Amazing results with your water coloring. You got that streaky look on the blooms just perfect! I have never had any luck water coloring digis. The printer ink always fades and/or bleeds and I lose the detail. This is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining in the Power Poppy challenge!