Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Frosty Is Ready for Winter


Welcome!  With all these cold temperatures I am thinking of snow and snowmen.  I created my "Frosty" using a Heartfelt Creations stamp from Snowmen Melt Your Heart set.  Since this stamp is only the head I added 2 white cardstock circles to build him coloring with a bit of Copic B0000 and added Black"Coal" (black gems) for his Eyes and Buttons. I paper pieced his Scarf and Hat Band and fussy cut his arms from Black CS Scraps. I attached him to a background layered with several Pattern Papers from Fancy Pants pad Timbergrove including some of the printed words from one of the sheets.  The Snowflake paper was embossed with Darice EF Snowflakes. I finished with some die cut Snowflakes from a Glitter paper scrap . Looking at this card,  I can just hear .......  thumpety thump thump, thumpety thump thump, look at frosty go!


Challenges:
Just Us Girls Challenge: Word week #274 WINTER
Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge: Thrice is nice. Use three (or more) patterned papers on your project. I used more than 3 from Timbergrove Pad.
Cute Card Thursday Challenge: #354 Anything Goes
Crafty Catz: Challenge 260 is Anything Goes
Winter Wonderland Challenge: Favorite Color Combo.  The color combo of aqua/turquoise and red are one of my faves, especially for winter time.

To play video, click on arrow.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

Chana said...

Oh, Theresa,
I just love your pristine snowman! The image is treated beautifully and your project is weel executed. i really like your paper choices and I think the embossing takes the design to another level of visual interest! I need to emboss more...thanks for the inspiration and thanks for accepting our THRICE AS NICE Challenge here at Shopping Our Stash! You nailed it!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a happy snowman all decked out in that pretty hat, and scarf! Pretty papers too. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, what a handsome snowperson right there and you've built a gorgeous card for him to inhabit! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (pattern combinational!) STASH with us this week! ♥

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I never ever thought to give that stamp a body! You are brilliant, and so is your card!

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Mags
x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love that you created a body for the snowman's head! This is a real beauty with great style and colors. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Jessi Fogan said...

Now I can hear the song too! This is just fabulous, Theresa!! What a great idea to add the body :) Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping our Stash this week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How adorable is this fun snowman - all decked out in his fancy sweater and hat! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Judy Woodland said...

What a sweet card!! And I love the snowman border!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!!

Sharon SharonW said...

what a great card! I love all the detail and color combos.