Saturday, January 17, 2015

Lovely Gold Foil Accents



 
Hello! As long as it is so cold outside, I am still in the mood for making Christmas cards.  This one is one of the quickest cards that I have ever made....I was not timing the process but it must have taken less than 10 minutes.  I used a topper and polka dot paper both with gold that are from a Free Foil Accents Luxury Card Kit called Festive Flourishes that was inside an issue of Paper Inspirations that was a Christmas gift.  I used a card base of Metallic Gold cardstock and added a layer of the gold dotted paper and  a gold trimmed ribbon, and attached the lovely topper with pop up foam. I finished this with a Gold Metallic Snowflake that I cut with Cheery Lynn Snowflake 3 die tucked under the topper. I love the ornate design of this die and the foil accents on the paper and image.  I have had the card kit sitting on my desk just waiting to be used.

Challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: We are to upcycle, recycle, re-purpose something or use something that you got free.  I used products from a card kit that I received as a  free gift.
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge: #167 is Snowflakes  Use Snowflake 3 Die.
NBUS: Darnell's Challenge #3 for Nothing Before Used Schtuff.  Used free card kit for first time.
Merry Monday Christmas Challenge: #141 Use  Critters
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round: Anything goes

This was one of those difficult to photograph cards.  I hope you can see the lovely foil accents and the richness of the elements.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

11 comments:

joy said...

So pretty, Theresa! I love the gold foil accents. That dotted paper is beautiful. After watching a video showing products from CHA, I see that the use of gold will be around for a long time. Isn't is nice to have a "warm" day??

Bonnie said...

What a pretty card Theresa! I love your image edged in gold and the pretty snowflake tucked behind it. Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week. I am now your newest follower and would love it if you visited my Make Time To Craft Blog and became a follower too.

Juliz Design Post said...

Hi Theresa, your snowflake is gorgeous cut in gold giving your whole card a lovely elegant look. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Sandy Hulsart said...

Very elegant Christmas card, Theresa. Love that snowflake. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Lori said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Love all the gold accents!! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week

Debbie's Time Out said...

Theresa Great card. Love all the gold accents. Thanks for joining us in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you

Karren said...

That is one cute deer - there's just something about his posture that appeals to me! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Love all the gold accents and your lovely little critter! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Marianne said...

Wonderful card. Love your gold-framed image against that dotted background and the snowflake accent tucked behind.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 212 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too. x

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love your classic Christmas card design, Theresa, and I can imagine how shimmery it is in real life with all that gold! Good job using that NBUS and thank you so much for entering my NBUS Challenge #3 three times!! I hope you're having a great week! Hugs, Darnell