Saturday, January 24, 2015

Friends are Forever


Hello!!  I have been MIA for a week.  My DH and I were spending time with my Mother in Tennessee who celebrated her 95th birthday this past Monday.  Now I am trying to catch up with some of the challenges that I follow.

This card is for Mod Squad Challenge ....Joyce is asking us to CASE a card by anyone we like.  I saw a card by Karen Hightower, GKD DT Moderator that I liked very much and chose it to CASE. See her lovely card here.  I really liked the wood background made with GKD Cranberry Tart CS and white ink and used the same on my card.  My card base is white CS and layered with Honey Mustard CS. I used stamps from GKD Friends Are Forever set which I inked with Memento Tuxedo Black on an Oval of White CS and colored with Copics.  I added some sponging with Memento Summer Sky and finished with a Black Satin Bow and Black Gems from stash.  I even added some falling petals just as Karen did on her card.

Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge: CASE a card of anyone you'd like.
Stamp TV: Mix It Up Monday-OVALERLY Easy- Cat asked us to use an Oval shape on your card.
                    My card just happens to use an oval so I can enter this challenge too.

Thanks to Karen for making her beautiful card and allowing me to CASE.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Heidi Stamps said...

Very pretty. I do like the background a lot!

Karen Hightower said...

Theresa, I love how you CASEd my card! Yours is very pretty! I love your falling petals.. :) Wonderful card! (Hugs)

Joyce Erb said...

Beautiful card! I love Karen's work too. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge.