Sunday, January 11, 2015

Blue, Silver, and White Challenge


Hello!  I hope that you are having a great weekend.  I seldom use blue as the feature color on a card.  The new color challenge at The House That Stamps Built is to use Blue, Silver and White so I am using blue.  They have changed up their challenges for the year, so make sure to check them out.
I started my card by using Repeat Impressions stamps that I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Zing Silver EP.  I added some blues to the flowers with Distress Inks and a waterbrush.   I cut the image with Nesties Oval die and edged it using a Silver Pilot Marker,  I cut Silver Metallic CS with Spellbinders Fancy Tags die which I used behind the oval.  Using White Card base, I added a layer of  Bazzill blue textured CS also edged in silver and attached the label and then the image.  I finished with some silver dots as corner embellishments that I simply punched with hole punch.

Challenges:
Repeat Impressions: WIW Color Challenge Blue, Silver, White

Die Cuttin Diva Challenge #197: January Sketch Challenge on right

Die Cut Diva's Challenge: Anything goes as long as you use your die cut machine... either to emboss or use a die cut on your project.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

Lin said...

I love this color combination, Theresa, and wouldn't it be great to have blue daffodils? Are you in FL yet? We just arrived on Tuesday!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Very cool blue and silver. That embossing is awesome. Great job.

Gerda said...

What a very pretty card!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

So pretty, Theresa!

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is so lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at Die Cuttin' Divas.

Leslie

mylittlecraftblog said...

I love your take on our sketch challenge! And the color combination is beautiful.

Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

Evelyn

Olga said...

Beautiful, love the colors!

Cheri said...

What a unique way to present those daffodils, Theresa! Love it. Thanks so much for playing along in the color challenge.

Cathie Borowski said...

Such a simple layout but so elegant, fantastic card. Thanks for joining the Diecut Divas Anything Goes Challenge. Cathie DT

Arlene said...

Lovely card. So very pretty.

So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.