Friday, January 2, 2015

All White Christmas


Second Post Today:
I thought I was through making Christmas cards for awhile but this one just sneaked out of my studio.  I started making an all white card for the Open-Minded Crafting Fun challenge and this is what it became.   I embossed a Glossy White CS with a Darice EF Santa Sleigh Night Scene and then added the Merry Christmas sentiment cut with Cheery Lynn dies and Snowflakes cut with a die from Cheery Lynn Build a Flower dies.  I added some Stickles Frosted Lace to the die cuts to give a bit of shine and texture. I colored the stars and windows with Clear Star Pen. This layer was attached to a Smooth White card base.  These All-White cards always look better in real life but I hope the photo captures some of the essence of the design.

Challenges:
Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge: #26 All White
NBUS Challenge #3: Anything Goes in Darnell's challenge to use "never-before-used schtuff".
The Darice embossing folder was in my Christmas Stocking and this is my first time to use it.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Anything Goes
Virginia's View Challenge : #11 is A Clean Slate.  I created a White on White card.




I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Stunningly beautiful Theresa!

Darnell J Knauss said...

It's great to see you again, Theresa! It is hard to capture the beauty of w-o-w cards with a camera, but it's not hard to imagine how gorgeous this card is in real life!! Good job getting a start on your 2015 Christmas cards!! And thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge #3!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Happy New Year, Theresa! Yes, I know, I have been very bad at the blogging part of this craft during 2014. I too promise to visit more often. I love seeing what fun challenges you have uncovered. Your card looks awesome, as I love the all white look.

pam hicks said...

what a wonderful card, i love white on white, Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun & Good Luck
Pam DT x

Virginia Lu said...

Such a FABULOUS design, Theresa! Love the dry embossed details and use of images!So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Clean Slate” Challenge!

Wildfire said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun! :)

Petya DT