Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Abstract by Accident, Not by Design

 
Morning!  As you may know, I love to color with my Copics.  Recently many of my Copics needed refilling with ink.  This is a messy job, at least for me since I tend to overfill the markers and have some runoff and drips.  With practice I may learn to avoid that.  But being frugal that I am,  I decided to catch that overflow ink on watercolor paper when I filled about 12 of the markers the other day.  The result was an abstract design that I used on this card.  I simply trimmed the paper that absorbed the inks and filled in some white spaces with Copic B0000.  I assembled a card using Sweet Sunday's Sketch pulling out colors from the design to use as the card base and layers.  The sentiment, stamped on the circle with SU Tempting Turquoise, is from Power Poppy Azaleas set.  I cut the word Happy with Cheery Lynn die from the blue and coral CS and layered to create dimension and depth. Finished with a splash of sequins that I have collected over the years.

Challenges:
Sweet Sunday: Sketch Challenge #251
Simon Monday Challenge Blog: Inky Background.  My saved ink spills worked great for this challenge.
Alphabet Challenge Blog: X is for X-periment.  The use of ink spills was certainly an experiment.



I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Patti J said...

What a great idea, and look at the beautiful end result! Gorgeous card, Theresa!

Irish Cherokee said...

Now that is what I call an artists way of thinking. Very creative. Have to admit the results were very nice. Love it. - Jim

Olga said...

Absolutely Gorgeous as always!!!!

Jennifer LaVite said...

What a great idea! I hate to waste any kind of ink too. Your background paper turned out beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

Meihsia Liu said...

Love the beautiful background you created. Such a gorgeous card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)