Sunday, November 16, 2014

You Are a Star on Your Birthday

 Hello!  Today I have a card made for the challenge at Poppy Sketches to use pops of Raspberry, Blueberry and Granite.   I used a base card of White that I embossed with Cuttlebug EF Stars but to be different I adhered the dark CS cut 4.25" x 5.5" to the inside of the card base so I had an edge of Granite when the card is closed. The dark CS looks more black but is really a dark gray color.   I added a strip of Chevron Pattern scrap with a Raspberry flower cut with Nesties Blossom dies and navy brads. The word Happy was cut with a Cheery Lynn die from Blue CS scrap.  Inside I continued with the word Birthday cut in Raspberry with  a Marianne die and added a white star cut with a Sizzix die and stamped with "You are a Star", a Flourishes stamp using Memento Blue Danube ink.

Challenges:
Poppy Sketches: #17 Sketch with colors shown below.  Sorry this is their last challenge.
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says We're Seeing Stars.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Jingle said...

So super cute! Love those embossed stars! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Shelly said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Poppy Sketches!

Indy said...

What a fun card! So glad you were inspired by our colors and sketch at Poppy Sketches!
Hugs,
Debbie