Sunday, November 9, 2014

Is The Doily Stamped or Hand Knit?


I hope you are having a great weekend. This is my second post today.   I  wanted to get this card posted for a couple of challenges that are closing soon.  I used a Doily stamp from Gina K Designs that I love from Nana's Needlwork set by Nina.... it stamps so beautifully, especially when using heat embossing,  and even the doily looks like  it's hand knitted on the card and in the photo.   I knew that I wanted to use this stamp when I first read the Mod Squad challenge for us to use a doily last Wednesday and it also fits into a challenge at Stamp TV.

I decided to really focus on this lovely Doily image and to highlight with Little Blue Boy Blue CS from GKD.   I stamped using Versamark and heat embossed with Ranger Seafoam White EP.  I hope you can see the beautiful details of the doily design and wish you could feel the wonderful texture.  You will just have to really trust me on how great it is in real life! I spent time trying to get my design just right....even called in my DH as a consultant for his opinions.  I tried ribbon under the sentiment but the embossed pattern  paper from GKD won out.  It matched the color perfectly and seemed to go well underneath the embossed sentiment from GKD Inside and Out Set.  I thought this card screamed out for pearls and I decided to use a ZVA Creations Pearl Flourish that I have hoarded for a very long time.  I place it along the upper edge of the card that I punched with Martha Stewart Double Loop Corner Punch.  I finished the center in the doily with a single Pearl.....which is my most fave gem.
By the way, the card base is White Glossy CS which I think even adds more to an elegant feel.


Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge Blog:  Grandma's Attic...use a doily in some way on your card. I chose to make the Doily the center of attention.
Stamp TV: Mix It Up Monday Challenge-Karen's Challenge is to use a set from the past.  I used 2010 Nana's Needlework and 2010 Inside and Out.



 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

2 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Oh how Gorgeous! I love that doily stamp you used, it looks amazing embossed, and all of the shades of blue! This makes for a VERY Happy Birthday card! The Pearl accents are just lovely too! Thank you so much for playing along in the Mod Squad Challenge I am Hosting!

Angelica Schmidt said...

Beautiful card Theresa! Love the embossed lace! Have a Blessed day!