Sunday, November 9, 2014

Happy Holidays

 

Good Morning!  This card was made for the challenge at Merry Monday to create a Christmas Card  with a rustic look using creams, tans and browns. I kept my card fairly simple using a Wood Grain Pattern Paper from Crate Paper as the background attached to a Ivory Card Base.  I embossed the paper with Darice EF Wood Grain to give some rustic texture.  I attached to this some Pine Branches cut from a glossy lustrous Oyster Pearl CS with Impression Obsession Die.  I topped this with a Pine Cone and Branch stamped with MFP Greetings of the Season  in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on Ivory CS and fussy cut. I also gave some shine to the cone by heat embossing with Clear EP.   The sentiment was cut from the Oyster Pearl CS with Cheery Lynn dies. This was an easy card to make but I like the details.

Challenge:
Merry Monday: Challenge #133 Rustic Christmas
Other challenges to enter:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Keep it Flat.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Use pattern paper on a card.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything goes for Christmas
Time Out Challenges: #18 Home Sweet Home Photo Inspired


 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

sandie said...

the DSP embossed gives it a realistic look and the whole card is so full of texture. A wonderful rustic feel to this. Great to see you join us at TIME OUT x

Bonnie said...

I love these luscious pine cones! And the embossed background paper is perfect! Thanks, Theresa, for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Very striking and great take on both challenges - beautiful work!! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

elizabetakushner said...

Lovely creation. Great take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us at TO Challenge.