Thursday, November 6, 2014

Bittersweet Wreath


Second Post Today:
Hello!  Sometimes I get stuck on a stamp set and have to make several cards with the set.   Here I have another wreath card using the Bittersweet Wreath from Flourishes Wreaths of All Seasons.  I stamped the wreath on Ivory CS with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored the berries with Memento Red marker.  This looks like a quick card but it took awhile to color the berries. Then I decided to recolor with a Red Glaze pen to give some texture which you cannot see in the photo but it did make a difference. Since I thought this card could be for Thanksgiving or Christmas, I decided to make it a Thinking of You card that  I could use for either occasion. I stamped the sentiment from Avery Elle with Memento Rhubarb Stalk and added a row of embossing with Cuttlebug EF Pop Culture border. Card base of Ivory was layered with a Brown Wood Grain Pattern from Fancy Pants pad and a mat of Red CS from scraps.  Finished with a small Check Bow for a homespun look.  I really like the somewhat rustic look of my card.


Challenges:
Just Us Girls Challenge:  Word Week #265 Wreaths
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says thinking of you.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Lin said...

Love your wreath, Theresa! The little gingham bow makes me smile!

glendabrooks.blogspot.com said...

I love your wreath! It makes the most elegant card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this - the smaller twine along with all the fun berries -- well done. Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Lisa Kind said...

I love that wreath! One of my favs! Very pretty card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Lovely card and beautiful wreath! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is beautiful! I love that wreath and the red gel pen really shows off those berries. Great CAS design. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Jingle said...

This is beautiful! That wreath is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with the Thinking of You Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!