Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Splash of Color for Power Poppy


Power Poppy is having a series of challenges for World Card Making Day. The first challenge is “WOOT WOOT” FOR TUTS! 
This challenge involves scrolling back through any of the Inspire Me Monday Tutorials on Power Poppy Blog and giving them a whirl.   I chose  Julie Koerber's  Tutorial Splash of Color posted August 11, 2014.
I used Power Poppy stamps Azalea (same as Julie) and Geraniums Take 2 sentiments that I stamped with Memento Lady Bug ink on watercolor paper and colored shadows with Copics R00 and R0000.  I followed Julie's directions on coloring and splattering with dots. I love how this came out. I finished using a GKD White CS card base and a layer of SU Pattern Paper with a red satin ribbon.  I also stamped an individual Azalea and fussy cut it and popped up on the ribbon.
Thanks to Julie for her great tutorial. 
Link:
Power Poppy: Challenge 1 for World Card Making Day. Check the rules here.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Olga said...

this is gorgeous, love it!!!!

ChristineCreations said...

This is so lovely Theresa! The pinks are so suited for the azaleas...and I love the popped up one too....just perfect for the card! Thanks so much for playing along in our WCMD Challenge!

ChristineCreations said...

This is so lovely Theresa! The pinks are so suited for the azaleas...and I love the popped up one too....just perfect for the card! Thanks so much for playing along in our WCMD Challenge!