Sunday, October 19, 2014

Simple Card with Recessed Image

Hello!  Today I have a card made with Gina K Stamps frame from  Lovely Labels 2, a sentiment from Stippled Nature, and an image of a wheelbarrow that I won in a great grab bag from GKD.  The image was stamped and recessed beneath the Label Frame  which I cut out the center with a circle die. The frame was popped up above the image with pop up dots. I assembled the card on a green card base with a mat of red topped with the framed image.  The card looks BIRL because the photo distorted the margins of red and green because of the way I had card sitting.  I was too lazy to redo the photo. I added a wooden button with twine for the wheel of the cart. Thought this was the perfect size and type of button.

Challenges:
Stamp TV: Release challenge is RECESSED - make a card with a recessed focal image. The focal image has to be down inside of it and the frame should be a layer above the image.
Mod Squad Challenge Blog: Who's Got the button?

Supplies:
Stamps: All from GKD listed above
Ink: Memento Lady Bug, Espresso Truffle, Bamboo Leaves, Yellow glaze pen
Copics: YG 63,R22, E35
Papers: Green, Red, White CS
Button and Twine from Collection

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Oh, this is fantastic!!! I really love the button that you chose as the wheel. What a great card!! Thanks for playing along with the Mod Squad!

Lin said...

Love your cart with the big button wheel, Theresa! And the beautiful scrolled frame sets it off beautifully!

ChristineCreations said...

What an adorable little wagon...and I love the button too!