Thursday, October 16, 2014

Magic of Snow


Hello!  I have been away from blogging for a few days but am here today with an entry for some challenges.   I made this winter theme card with Repeat Impressions stamp of Whitetail Deer that I stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copics. I sponged the background of the image with SU Sage Shadow ink and added some glittery snowflakes with Versamark and PSX Snowflake Embossing Tinsel.  I added some strips of Fancy Pants pattern from Timbergrove pad to the Card base of aqua CS from stash.  Base was embossed with Darice EF Snowflakes. Added some sparkle with Wink of Stella pen and Clearstar pen. Finished with a cut out sentiment from the pattern paper.

Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: Designers' Choice Challenge #108 Winter
Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #117-Make your mark.
Tuesday Morning Sketches: Sketch shown to right. This week there is a twist to do holiday themes. 
My personal Holiday is to celebrate the first snow of winter.....always a festive day at our house.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

11 comments:

Cornelia W said...

Those deer are just wonderful!Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

Kris B said...

Wonderful card! Love the image and the pretty embossed snowflakes! Great color combo. I always love the first snow of the season too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Rahmat said...

A beautifully colored card, and I like the paper piecing too! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

joy said...

Hi, Theresa! Love this cute little deer amongst those patterned papers. Hope you are well and enjoying our fall colors.

sandie said...

Great mix of backgrounds and wonderful colouring. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Deborah Frings said...

This is a gorgeous Christmas card. I do like the embossed background and the image is just fab! Thanks for playing along with ASM this week!

Patti J said...

Gorgeous card! Theresa! Your scene is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at the House That Stamps Built!

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, Theresa, YES! Such a magical thing, that first snowfall. I love your colouring! So glad you played with my sketch this week :)

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card Theresa, that little deer is so cute.Thank you for playing along with us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Sweet image on a beautiful card! I love the embossing and pretty DPs!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at TMS!!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love that stamp.