Wednesday, October 1, 2014

DIY Pattern Paper


Hello!  I have something very different to share today. That would be my "patterned paper" which I created myself.  A few years ago I made the paper by collecting fall leaves from the yard and arranged the leaves on top of my printer screen ( This took a few trials before I got the arrangements to my liking) and then scanned and saved to my computer.  I scanned and saved several versions to my Digital Paper files.  The great thing is I can create the design to fit any size I need and print as I need it.  But actually this is leftover from some paper I had printed some years ago and just found in my scraps and thought what a CAS card it would make by combining with this beautiful sentiment from Repeat Impressions.  The paper was embossed with Cuttlebug EF Forest Branches for texture which you can see if you look closely.  I stamped the words  with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink on Yellow CS and sponged with DI Antique Linen and the Rhubarb Stalk.  I used a Nestabilities  rectangle die to cut.  I finished assembling the card with a card base of the Yellow CS and a layer of Dark Brown CS from my paper stash.  The great thing is that is no one else has this Pattern Paper and it is unique.

Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: Challenge DCC924- Fall.  I like to always use Repeat Impressions for this challenge  but I realized that I do not own any RI Fall stamps and will have to correct that.  Instead I improvised and used my fall paper with this sentiment because fall is full of Beautiful days.
The ABC Challenge: U is for Unique.  My card is very simple but is unique.
Die Cut Diva's Challenge Blog: Challenge is the change of seasons...must use one die cut or one embossing folder. Used Rectangle die cut and Forest Branches EF.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Use Pattern paper on a card

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Arlene said...

WOW, I love your leaves background. We don't get much change of season leaves where I live. Makes me want to go up to the mountains for some fall leaves. Gorgeous card.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our challenge.

Cheri said...

Wow, wow, wow!! Theresa, this is so cool! I love your paper creation! What a fabulous idea...I have to try it. Your card is completely stunning! So happy to see it in the fall challenge at the House That Stamps Built.

Hazel said...

Beautiful card for beautiful days. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper October challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your beautiful paper captures all the lovely fall colors. Thank you for joining us at ABC CHALLENGE. Good luck and please join us again.

Patti J said...

What fun! I did this with a need for camoflouge a while back - copied DH's hunting shirt! This made a stunning background paper, Theresa! Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at The House That Stamps Built!

redwasher1 said...

Theresa it is beautiful !!!! Thanks for sharing and joining us at RI.