Thursday, October 23, 2014

Christmas Card of Different Colors


Welcome! Today I am back with another Christmas Card which I created with Non-traditional Christmas Colors.  My inspiration was the Merry Monday Challenge to do just that --create with Non-Traditional colors.  I began by heat embossing the Festive Frame from Melanie's GKD stamp set on White GKD CS with Gold EP and colored in the design with Memento Markers Pear Tart, Angel Pink, Rose Bud, and Rich Cocoa. I filled in with Copic Gold Marker. I trimmed the frame and attached to a mat of GKD Bubblegum Pink CS and then to a card base of GKD Jelly Bean Green. For the sentiment I heat embossed it on an oval of Bubblegum Pink with Gold EP and did the edge of the oval as well.  I attached this to the center with foam dots.

Challenges:
Merry Monday: #131 Challenge Use Non- Traditional Christmas Color
Stamp TV: Mix it Up Monday Challenge Christmas Comes Early
Addicted to Stamps: Challenge #118 Holiday
Mod Squad Challenge:  Judy's Challenge is to create your most very favorite kind of card.  I guess my favorite cards include heat embossing and coloring. I am always fascinated by watching the heat transpose the EP, especially gold powders.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything goes for Christmas.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Use something new or never used.  I did not think this would qualify for Hazel's challenge but I have never used these colors or papers for a Christmas Card so I guess I qualify.

I love reading your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Katie Melhus said...

What an unexpected bright and cheery color combo! This is great! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Merry Monday!

Neets B said...

Love all that gold embossing and your colour combo is gorgeous, great to see non-traditional colours and these look great. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

JulieB said...

Certainly an unusual colour combo for a Christmas card, but I like the choice of the acid green and bright pink.
Thanks for sharing it with us at ATSM. :)

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Oh how pretty! Love the colours!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Hazel said...

Beautiful card (and, yes, it qualifies). Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Judy Woodland said...

Wonderful use of that stamp - love the beautiful soft colors. Also love that you embossed it in gold, very lovely. Thanks for playing along with us at Mod Squad this week!

Shana Gaff said...

I really like your non-traditional color combo! It looks great with the gold embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)