Monday, September 8, 2014

Sending Get Better Wishes


Hello to all who drop by!  My card today was made with Repeat Impressions Wine Time Series stamps that I recently won.   I just had to make this card for my friend, Rita, who is recovering from surgery.   I stamped the wine bottle and glasses with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white card stock and colored with Copics R59, Y28, G85.  I then added Glossy Accents to the images.  I love the texture and dimension that it gave.   I followed the sketch from What If? Wednesday Challenge shown on the right..  I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set  to finish the layout.  For the finishing embellishments,  I stamped the Cork stamp on scraps of cork (leftover from making coasters) , cut them out and attached with Glossy Accents. I used Dark Red CS for the base and mats and a striped paper from MME's Quilting Bee embossed with Cuttlebug EF  Bubbles for the background.  When I first colored the wine, it appeared to be a Merlot.  But when I added the Glossy Accents it turned into a Cabernet.

Challenges:
What If? Wednesday: Sketch #S314
Addicted to Stamps Challenge: #111 ANYTHING GOES with the optional twist of Get Well / Thinking of You.
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says use a stamp.
City Crafter Challenge:  I see clearly. Use acetate, vellum, glossy accents, translucent embossing paste, clear plastic etc.  I used the Glossy Accents..
NBUS Challenge 2: Darnell's "never-before-used schtuff." challenge is to use your virginal NBUS on a new creation, simple as that.  I have used new stamps from Repeat Impressions and cork never used on a card before. 


 Wishing Rita a speedy recovery!
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

14 comments:

Charlene said...

Wonderful card!!!!Thanks for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

sandie said...

What a perfect card to cheer some one up and your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Darnell J Knauss said...

When the day comes that I need surgery, I'd love to have a card just like this, Theresa! I love every single detail and totally agree that laughter is the best medicine!! I also like how you turned Merlot into Cabernet. Whoa! Go you!! Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Just so so pretty, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

Cornelia W said...

Cheers to you and your wonderful card - I am sure it will cheer up your friend, too! Thanks so much for playing with us at ATSM. I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Lynn's Place said...

Amazing entry for CIO challenge blog thanks for stopping by and playing with us....come again <((><

debby4000 said...

Oh I love you wine card and the sentiment works brilliantly that way.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Ros Crawford said...

What a great card!! Love the effect of the Glossy Accents!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Katherine Clayton said...

GREAT card . . . and it reminds me of one of my favorite t-shirts that says "Wine is to women as duct tape is to men . . . it fixes EVERYTING". I think I like your sentiment better. :) and it is perfect for our "anything goes" challenge over at Clear It Out Challenge . . . thanks so much for joining us this week!!!

Kathy - CIO DT
UpintheNIghtwithKat.blogspot.com

Olga said...

Love this card, and yes wine helps everything LOL!!!

Rahmat said...

Its a fabulous card, the folots and image are spot on, love the sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at a ATSM.

JD/ Jill said...

Wonderful card with a great sentiment! P.S...I have to be honest I'm not a wine expert...but my hubby is...I bet he would know...smile...

Liz said...

I love this card! Great sentiment! xx