Sunday, September 21, 2014

Just For Fun



 Hello!  I was just playing with some items on my work counter and found this stamped image of the Jar of Lightning Bugs (Repeat Impressions stamp) and some old sequins and thought "How can I use these?"

I combined 3 challenges and came up with a CAS card using a sketch challenge, a color challenge, and a challenge to use sequins with a celebration theme. My take on a celebration was to celebrate the person who lights up my life...my DH.  The sentiment is from a Flourishes stamp set and stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I simply drew in lines to anchor the Jar and Words together. 

Challenges:
CAS(E) this Sketch: #93 shown on right
CAS Colours & Sketches: Colors Black, White and Honey
CAS on Sunday: SEQUINS CELEBRATION
                          (Make a celebration card using sequins)


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this totally makes me smile! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Patricia H. said...

The sentiment you chose reminded me of the old Debby Boone song, and the way you drew the lines and added the sequins is similar to notes on a music staff. Love it! :) Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a great idea. Love that you used the lightening bugs and the sequins. TFS!

Alice Wertz said...

love all the sequins! great card! thanks for joining us this week at CAS(E) This Sketch!

karen h said...

Fun card! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Louise van Vuren said...

Great use of the colours for our clean and simple challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches. Thanks for playing along. Hope to see your cards again soon

Louise xx