Thursday, September 11, 2014

Geraniums, Again!



Hello!   I never tire of coloring this geranium stamp from Power Poppy.  This card is sized 5" x 7", a bit larger than my usual cards but I printed the Digital Geranium too large and decided to use it as is instead of cutting off some of the image.  I colored with Copics R 22,24,29 and G 40,82 and trimmed with an oval die letting some of the flowers extend beyond the edge.  I placed this on a scallop oval of green CS. The card base is a glossy white CS layered with an unknown Pattern Paper that I embossed with Cuttlebug Wicker Weave EF. The sentiment from Power Poppy Geranium Take 2 stamp set was heat embossed on clear Vellum with red EP. I fussy cut and attached to the image. I finished with some Peachy Grosgrain Ribbon and White Sprinkles.  Following the sketch from Sketch Saturday, stitching is around the outer edges of the background but I placed the sentiment on the image.

Challenges:
Power Poppy Peep of the Week:  Make a creation using Power Poppy stamps
Just Us Girls Challenge:  Word Week is Leaves.  I'm sure they are thinking of fall leaves but I just love how pretty the leaves are on geraniums. So my entry is a bit different.
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge:  Make your mark. Used Copics on my card.
Sketch Saturday:  Sketch #326 by Lizy

 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

13 comments:

Sue said...

Simply stunning colouring on your geranium, and the sentiment on vellum is lovely, beautiful card! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

ChristineCreations said...

I think that’s one of the greatest things about digis is the opportunity to make them larger. It’s gorgeous! Beautiful work on the geraniums! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy this week!

Cheryl said...

Well, it may be geraniums again, but they are gorgeous as is your whole card!
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Julie Koerber said...

Love this Theresa! You've colored up these blossoms beautifully and that vibrant red -- you keep nailing it! Another "keeper" for sure!

Leslie Miller said...

You can never color too many geraniums, especially such outstanding coloring as this! And on gingham -- perfect! I love a large image, which is one reason I like the digis. You always make such beautiful cards for our Peep challenges, Theresa. I'm so glad to see you joining us!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow!! You've colored these geraniums beautifully! Love the highlights you added to the blooms. They really pop! And with the image larger, the details are even more obvious!! What a beauty Theresa!!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Love these geraniums! You've colored them beautifully! Thanks for joining us for Sketch Saturday this week!

sue t. said...

These geraniums are simply stunning,thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Alex H. said...

Wow... this is amazing! What a great colouring and wonderful image! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!
;-) Alex H:

cm said...

I love geraniums, so I'll never tire of seeing you use this as often as you want! Gorgeous colouring...they remind me of the geraniums at my parents' place. Happy sighhh....Thanks for sharing at ATSM!
~c

Deepti said...

You colored this so beautifully !! I love the lattice BG too, thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Wei said...

Love your image and colouring! I love POWER POPPY ,too.Thank you for sharing at ATSM!

Allison Cope said...

Absolutely stunning Geraniums Theresa! Your colouring is so strikingly beautiful! Thanks for joining our Peep of the Week challenge over at Power Poppy!