Friday, September 26, 2014

Falling Leaves


Hello! What lovely weather we are having!  And the leaves are turning to beautiful fall colors which has inspired this card.  I made this card using GKD stamps from A Year of Leaves by Melanie. The leaf was stamped several times with versamark on Ivory CS and heat embossed.  I also stamped a couple on another CS that I fussy cut after  water coloring all the leaves with Distress Inks Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey.  My first plan was to color with Copics but then decided to water color even though I was not using watercolor paper.  Using a card Base of Dusty Sage,  I layered a mat of Honey Mustard  and attached the trimmed image of falling leaves and then the 2 cut leaves with pop up dots.   I stamped the GKD sentiment with Memento Peanut Brittle ink and sponged the top layer with DI Antique Linen before assembling the card.  All papers used are from GKD.


Challenge:
Stamp TV: Sean's Mix It Up Monday challenge Falling Leaves
AAA Cards Challenge: Game 21 Create CAS with Fussy Cuts
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says Anything Goes

Posting this card reminded me of the song Autumn Leaves.
Click on video to listen to Autumn Leaves:



 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Angela said...

Probably needless to say that I LOVE your autumn leaves, Theresa! I'm so happy you've joined us in fussy cutting this week at AAA Cards!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

So pretty, Theresa! The leaves are so colorful!

Julia said...

This card says "fall" in the best way! Beautiful job. So glad you joined in at AAA.

JD/ Jill said...

This is such a pretty card. It was absolutely beautiful in our area today...so we took a nice drive...and saw some of the trees that just started with their leaves turning color. Your card brought back some happy memories of today. Very nicely done!

Linda Beeson said...

I just love those leaves! So glad you were able to play along at AAA Cards

Olga said...

Theresa, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

cheiron said...

Fabulous fall card! Thank you so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog :)