Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Christmas with Acetate and Vellum

Hello!  I am down to the wire to get this card entered in the Mod Squad Challenge Blog to create a Holiday Card using Vellum & Acetate or Clear Plastic Sheets. I used a acetate sheet for the front on which I stamped the frame using Stazon Black ink and then colored with copics.  I cut an oval on the card base of Asparagus Green GKD CS and then attached the frame and added a gold metallic frame of Gold Metallic CS.  Inside  I placed a Poinsettia heat embossed with Gold EP on Vellum and colored on the back with Copics.  I heat embossed the sentiment on Vellum and placed on a Gold Oval.  All stamps are Gina K Designs from Melanie's Festive Frame and A Year of Flowers.

Other Challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge: R is for Red Poinsettias

Charizma Card Challenges: Use acetate

Added after posting:  This was a difficult card because I do not like to use Stazon ink and acetate. I started the card but kept messing up stamping on acetate.  At least you can wipe off and redo.  And then I tried to dry the ink faster with heat gun. Big mistake!  I finally gave up! But this morning I was determined to finish a card for this challenge.  Then I had the "dickens" (southern term) trying to get a decent photo but finally posted this one....although it has reflections and is very dark. Trust me it 's BIRL!  And then Blogger was not very cooperative .....it seemed to take longer than usual and did not want to publish....

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely gorgeous card design. I always love to see poinsettias. Your layout is fabulous and a great use of the frame image too.

Irish Cherokee said...

Love to see Vellum, Acetate or plastic creations. beautiful job on this card. - Jim

Eemeli said...

Lovely color scheme and such a fabulous design. Very festive. Thanks for joining our "Use Acetate" -challenge at Charisma Cardz.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Charisma this week.

Susan

Bettina L. said...

This is gorgeius. Love how you did the gold around the poinsetta. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx