Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Birthday Wishes


Hello!  For this card I combined a sketch challenge and a color challenge to use black and white.  The butterfly is cut with a Memory Box die and the sentiment is from GKD The Northwest stamp set.  I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink and black and white CS from my stash.  The card base was embossed with Cuttlebug EF Kassie's Brocade.  This was a quick and easy CAS card but I think it is a bit elegant.

Challenges:
CAS(E) this Sketch!: #90
Seize the Birthday:  The toppings Option is Black and White
Addicted To CAS: Challenge #46 is Luxury.  I think the embossing and font have the feel of luxury on my CAS card.
Sweet Stampin' Challenge: Embossing



I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Gorgeous black and white card! Love that pretty embossing folder. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Jodene said...

I love your black and white card, especially that beautiful embossed background! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Loll Thompson said...

Love the black and white color combo .. very elegant, especially with the beautiful brocade embossing. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Leigh Penner said...

Super pretty take on the sketch!

Karen B said...

A really elegant card. Love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Karen x

Wedgie said...

A beautiful card, very elegant.
Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Cass said...

Lovely CAS card.Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'

Cass xx

Pia Krogh Larsen said...

Thank you so much for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week for the "Embossing" challenge. Hope you will join us again :-)

Taunya Butler said...

Lovely card - love the embossing folder you used and the butterfly looks set to go flitting!! Such a fun creation!!!

OH Babs said...

Great card and black and white is so elegant. I think I have that butterfly die but have not used it, now I will.