Monday, September 15, 2014

Birthday Butterflies

 
Welcome!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I love Monarch butterflies and it is a thrill to see them in the garden.  I attempted to make these Butterflies look like Monarchs by using Cheery Lynn dies and cutting butterflies out of Black CS and the matching angel wings of Orange CS.  I colored spots with White Gel , Orange Gelly Roll, Yellow Glaze, Orange Glaze, and Clearstar Pens .  The yellow markings do not show that well.....all looks orange.  But I think they look good enough to be Monarchs. I made my background by embossing a very light gray CS with Cuttlebug EF Leafy Branch and inked the raised areas with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink.  I then cut a Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish out of Green CS and attached that loosely to the  background that I created.  I attached the flying "Monarchs" with glue dots  and added some Orange Dew Drops.  I attached this to a dotted pattern paper from Echo Parks Apothecary Emporium pad and a card base of Orange CS. The birthday sentiment from Winnie & Walter was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I really like the results of this card.

Challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs Blog Challenge: #150-Things with Wings.  Used Cheery Lynn Exotic Butterfly Small #2 die, Angel Wings, and Fanciful Flourish Dies
City Crafter Challenge Blog: Challenge is Butterflies
Simon Wednesday Challenge:  Simon says make your own background.  I used an embossing fold and ink to create my background. 
Seize the Birthday:  My card will fit the Anything Goes challenge since I did not do the Sweet Treats Option. But I consider it a "Sweet Treat" to see Monarchs in the garden.


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

15 comments:

Olga said...

of all of your goreous creations, I think this is my favorite, it's gorgeous!!!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Theresa your butterflies are completely stunning! You've made them look like gorgeous monarch butterflies perfectly!!!

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge this week at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Sandy Hulsart said...

Theresa, what a fabulous job you did with your Monarchs! And I love the Fanciful Flourish on that background, just perfect. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Juliz Design Post said...

Wow Theresa, your butterflies are absolutely stunning, love them. Thanks for joining in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.
Julie x

Charlene said...

Beautiful card! Love the butterflies!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this week at CCCB :-)

Darnell J Knauss said...

You've definitely made your butterflies look like beautiful Monarchs, Theresa! I love the way you did your background and also how you did the matting to mimic the butterflies! Even the embellies are perfect!! Hugs, Darnell

Ros Crawford said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love those butterflies! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW love the way you made the butterflies. When I saw the thumbnail at the Cheery Lynn Challenge site I thought you had colored the butterflies...this is super stunning
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous card! Those butterflies are so pretty!! Wonderful design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous butterflies. Your card is so pretty. Thank you for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous for sure!!!! Love this card Theresa! Those butterflies look great! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

Karen said...

Such lovely Monarch butterflies! This is a beautiful design and very gorgeous card Theresa! Thanks for joining in on the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge! Good luck!

Karen said...

Such lovely Monarch butterflies! This is a beautiful design and very gorgeous card Theresa! Thanks for joining in on the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge! Good luck!

Rupa S said...

Feel like touching your butterflies. .so pretty. Couldn't stop reading your post.