Thursday, September 18, 2014

Bear Hug with Love

Hello!  I have a hard time making a black and white card but I like the results of this one that I made for the challenge at The House That Stamps Built to create with Black, White and Gray. All stamps used are from Repeat Impressions.  I wanted to use the Embossing Folder Leafy Tree by Darice  with the Bear Hug couple sitting underneath but the bear stamp faces the wrong way.  I decided to change their direction by doing reverse stamping or sometimes called mirror stamping.   This I had never done before so it took some trial and error before I had the image in reverse that I was happy with.  I colored the bears with Copics N 0, 2, 4 and then created a furry texture using a piece of terry cloth and Copic colorless blender.  I added some polka dots to the hair bow with White Gelly Roll. I fussy cut the bears and set aside.  I used a Black CS Card base and added a mat of White CS. For the next layer I embossed a Gray CS with the Leafy Tree EF and inked the raised area with Memento Tuxedo Black and added some grass with a Repeat Impression stamp and Memento Gray Flannel ink. I stamped the Repeat Impression  Sentiment with Tuxedo Black.  I assembled the layers and added the Bear Couple with foam tape for more dimension.  I really like this card and trying some new techniques.

Challenges:
Designer's Challenge Choice: Cheri's DCC910 use Black, White and Gray
The Crafting Café Challenge: Shades of one.  I think this card qualifies unless white is not allowed.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Olga said...

Beatiful card, love the image and sentiment!

Dawn Lancaster said...

Gorgeous card, you did a great job!
THanks for shariing your beautiful work with us at The Crafing Cafe in our Shades of One challenge this month!
Hugs
Dawn xx

janna'scraftingattic said...

This is very cute and clever x

redwasher1 said...

Theresa, this is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at The House That stamps Built.

Marlene Atkinson said...

a Gorgeous card, I love the teddy bears. thank you for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe Challenge this week. Marlene DT

Amanda Curtin said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe. Ax