Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Shoe with Style

 
 I am on a roll today...this is my third post.  I wanted to make sure that I make some deadlines so I am posting more than usual.  Some of these had been pre-scheduled so that's why I  look so busy.


I had fun making a card for Runway Inspired Challenge  which uses fashion to inspire us to create a card.  This week's photo is a Shoe from Manolo Blahnik to use as inspiration.  I did the obvious for my card....I literally made a shoe with paper piecing and cork elements and pulled colors from the photo. I stamped the shoe on a Cork Pattern Paper from Fancy Pants Wonderful Day pad  with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and paper pieced with a pattern paper from Crate Paper DIY collection. I heat embossed the sentiment with Versamark ink and Red EP.  I assembled the card following the Tuesday Morning sketch shown below using a Black card base, a layer of Red CS, a layer of the pattern, and then the image matted with Black CS.  My embellies are Flowers of Cork cut with Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch dies topped with Red Rhinestones. Stamps are from MFP You've Got Style set.

Challenge links:
Runway Inspired Challenge: RIC# 68 Manolo Blahnik
Tuesday Morning Sketches: #267 shown on right


In my younger years this is definitely a shoe I would love to have worn.
I wonder if it is available in 51/2 narrow?
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa


6 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

I bet they DO come in that size - I have big ol' farmer feet, and it seems like the prettiest shoes are made for petite feet :) I love the cork - such fab texture! Thanks for coming to play with us at TMS again, Theresa!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, I love the cork style paper and the great image. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Wonderful card!! My DD would LOVE this!
Thanks for joining us this week at TMS!!

Monika Reeck said...

I love the shoe you have colored Theresa and great using the cork and the DP cute cork flowers too...really beautifully done and great take on the challenge..good luck for you...my card is number 17 if you see the challenge gallery...would be happy if you could visiting me back and leave me some love...hugs, Monika

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I just LOVE how you recreated the shoe- awesome! Thank you so much for joining us on the Runway!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Your shoe is so awesome - I would totally wear that! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!