Saturday, August 9, 2014

Playing with Water Coloring


Welcome! Today I am sharing another card playing with watercolors.   I was inspired by another video by Jill Foster here.  She was using distress markers but I used mostly Memento Markers for the coloring.  I did stamp the images with Wild Honey distress ink and filled in the background with  Vintage Photo distress ink. I stamped the images on watercolor paper and water colored the images using markers and water brushes.  This took a bit of time to water color since I was drying the layers of colors during the process.  I followed the techniques for water coloring shown in this  Jill Foster video using acrylic blocks for palette for the ink..  I trimmed the image to the size I needed, inked the edges, and added to the layer of Pattern paper and then to a card base that I distressed with ink. I was surprised how close the card base matched the image background...after I distressed the edges.
The sentiment was heat embossed with pearl gold EP but failed to show well in the photo.  It does show much better IRL. 
Note: Since the sentiment did not show well,   I colored the sentiment lightly with Copic E29 to bring out the color to be able to show in this photo. This is the photo redone:




Challenges:
AAA Cards: Play with watercolor
Shopping Our Stash: Challenge is Splish Splash - use a water medium

Supplies:
Stamps: Technique Tuesday Two Steppin, GKD Happy Birthday
Ink: Distress Ink Wild Honey and Vintage Photo,  Memento Markers Rose Bud, Lilac Posies, Grape Jelly, Bamboo Leaves, Northern Pine, Tangelo, Versamark
EP: Ranger Embossing Pearl Gold
Papers: Strathmore Watercolor Paper, GKD Honey Mustard (Card base), K & Co Pattern
EF: Cuttlebug  Swiss Dots

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

2 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Pretty flowers! You have waaaay more patience than I do. :) Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Donna said...

Very pretty watercolour card! The flowers are beautiful!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Splish Splash" challenge!!