Sunday, August 10, 2014

One More for Christmas Card Stash



Hello! No, I am not ready for snow .  This is just a card for Merry Monday Christmas challenge to use ski, skates or a sled on our card and you have to have some snow with this theme. I was playing with the cameo and cut out the sled with a Silhouette cut file.  I was planning to color and print and cut the sled out but that did not work out. I went to another plan and just cut the sled out of white CS with the Cameo and colored with Copics E15,R46, N4 and a silver metallic pen. I think this came out with a better look than my original plan.   I assembled the sled, added some pine boughs cut with an Impression Obsession Die , and a red ribbon bow.  I attached the sled to the card with foam tape to give some dimension. I stamped the Creative Vision sentiment with Versamark  on red CS and embossed with PSX Snowflake Embossing Tinsel which I also added to the pine cutouts. The card was assembled with GKD Red Velvet CS as the base layered with pattern papers from Crate Paper
Peppermint pad. The green paper has a distress look.

Note: I have had this PSX Tinsel "forever" and have no idea why I have it or where it came from. It has a lot of sparkle ....shows better IRL.

8-10-14 Added Note: Received Honorable Mention at Merry Monday

Challenges in addition to Merry Monday:
Simon Wednesday Challenge:  Simon says make it sparkle.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas  Challenge Extra:  Anything Christmas
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge:  Use pattern paper on entire card

Thanks to my friend, Rita, for the IO die.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Cyndie said...

Lovely card! The sleigh turned out great and those snowy pine boughs with the ribbon are perfect.

Debbie Bonczek said...

LOVE that sled. Beautiful job.

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card, your sled turned out fabulous. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful sled, Theresa! I love how you added the greenery! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Adorable card! Love that cute little sled!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for August and my Patterned Paper August challenge - hope to see you again soon x