Thursday, August 7, 2014

One Layer Shades of Summer


Hello! I am sharing a One Layer Card that I made for the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge this month.  We are to pick one of 6 color combinations and make a card celebrating this warm and fruitful season.  I selected  Shades of Summer #5 shown to the right.  I believe all the colors appear on my creation.

I was inspired to make this card by a tutorial by Jill Foster on making a one layer card shown on this video .   I always thought of one layer cards being very CAS with lots of white space and very simple, but that's not really the case. A One Layer just has to be a
single layer of card stock folded in half and I guess you can add as much or as little as you want.  I have kind of cased Jill's card following the layering of  colors, masking, stamping, etc.  I did not have Pan Pastels that she used so I improvised with what I had.
I began by die cutting a scallop circle to use as a mask while I sponged colors on the white card base to create a pinkish and yellowish background. I sponged other colors randomly. I partly stamped a music background stamp, then removed the mask and stamped the stem and flower and colored with markers.  I then stamped and embossed a Leafy Vine on the right and again sponged the edges of card. I also stamped and embossed the sentiment. I added some gold pearls to finish.

Also to enter:
Creative Corner Challenges:  Something Summer Challenge-used summer flower and colors
613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes...did not use the optional twist

Supplies:
Stamps: Music  Background stamp Unknown,  Flower and Stem from Flourishes Summer Blossoms, Hero Arts Leafy Vine, Happy Birthday from Winnie & Walter
Inks: Color Box Pink Pastel, Versamagic Green,  Memento Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Dandelion (pads and/or markers), Versamark , Orange Glaze Pen
Copic: Green
EP: Ranger Embossing Pearl Gold
Spellbinder Die, Gold Pearls from Stash

This is quite a different card for me using some techniques
 and combing some things for the first time.
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

joy said...

Theresa, you hit this one right out of the ballpark!!! I love the beautiful background you achieved and the design is perfect for the challenge. Great job.

Love Al's photo for your header; such a pretty garden. :)

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Gorgeous - so much rich detail - you've really nailed this one! So glad you joined us at OLS!

Olga said...

gorgeous card, love the embossing.....

Edie said...

Fabulous! Love the color choices. So pleasing to the eye. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at 613 Avenue Create.

Chana said...

Fabulous job! Thanks for the inspiration. I used this idea to make thank you cards! We are so happy you have joined the Front Porch Gang at 613 Avenue Create! Your project is featured today on our Facebook page: facebook.com/avenue613
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Susan Raihala said...

What amazing detail you've added to a one-layer card! The spotlight of the blossom with a white background is inspired! Beautiful card...thanks for sharing it with the OLS challenge!