Thursday, August 28, 2014

Merry and Bright Christmas


Second Post Today
Yes, I am still making Christmas cards.  This is for the challenge at Crafty Hazelnut and uses the sketch from Sketch Saturday.  Using a Sizzix ornament die, I cut twice from Red CS and Gold glitter paper. Actually this gave me 2 ornaments with colors reversed.  The card with the other ornament is posted here.  I attached a layer of pattern paper from Crate Paper Peppermint Pad onto a card base of Red CS.  I layered a Red Circle, a panel of Gold Glitter, a panel of Polka Dot Paper also from the Peppermint Pad and then popped up the Ornament. Added some glitter ribbon to the ornament.  Using Versamark and Gold EP, I heat embossed a sentiment from Spellbinders Stamp Set Heirloom Ornaments on a red strip cut with a Spellbinders die.


Challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Merry and Bright
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything Christmas Goes
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Use Pattern Paper for card
Sketch Saturday Challenge: Week #324




I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Cathy P. said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Theresa. Love the colors! The deep red looks great with the gold. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Cathy xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I love your pretty papers with this bold and sparkly bauble. I'm going to have to get a wriggle on with my Christmas card making. It's great to see you playing along with the Saturdays' sketch this week with this pretty card. Hugs, Lesley

Camille Short said...

I really like the glittered ornament!