Friday, August 22, 2014

Inspired by Coastal Living


What fun is time at the coast!  One of the fun things that I do is collect seashells and I used some of the very small ones that I have in my stash to use for cards.  The Mod Squad Challenge this week is to create a project inspired by this new fascination and trend with all things coastal!  I used the blues and sand colors that make me think of the coast and threw in sand paper for the look of sand.  I stamped shells using GKD Stamps from Gifts From the Sea by Melanie. I cut them out and mixed with some actual shells to complete this birthday card.  The sentiment from the same set was stamped directly on the sand paper...never tried that before.

Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge: Coastal  Inspiration-create a project inspired by this new fascination with all things coastal!
Alphabet Challenge: N is for Natural.  Seashells are my natural items.
613 Avenue Create Challenge: Anything Goes- no options this week.
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes
Clear It Out Challenge: Theme-Anything Goes; Stash-Anything Goes

Supplies:
Stamps: GKD Gifts from the Sea
Inks: Memento Teal Zeal, Toffee Crunch, Desert Sand and Copic E50
Papers: Sand Paper, Hero Arts Pool Layering Paper (2 shades)
EF: Cuttlebug Happy Birthday
Shells: Collected on the Beach at Captiva Island, Fla.




These are some of the smaller shells that I saved for card making,

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Benzi said...

Theresa, your card is gorgeous. I really love beach cards and how nice that you used some real beach shells and sand paper.

Your header is beautiful and I assume that is your lovely bed of flowers.

Lynn's Place said...

I like what you did with the folder...Wonderful project...TF joining us @ CIO hope you stop by again real soon.

rachel taylor said...

love what you have done and the shells thanks for taking the time to share with 613 avenue create this week Rachel dt

crafty creations said...

Stunning piece of artwork Theresa - I too love the coast I was born near it but live inland now

Mines up if you have time to take a look

Sharon Fontenot said...

I have a button box, but not a shell box. Heading to Destin in a few weeks. Guess I am going to start one. Do you have sorting system? btw: Your project is fabulous!

Mrs.B said...

This is a great card, love the seaside theme.
Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
Avril

Jodene said...

I just love this beachy themed birthday card! Thanks for joining us over at Seize The Birthday this week :)