Monday, August 11, 2014

"Happy Harry" Penguin


Today I am sharing a fun card using circle dies to make  "Happy Harry" Penguin.  That's the name I gave him since he looks happy.  I made him for the challenge at Die Cut Divas using their sketch challenge shown on the right.  I sort of made him up as I played with circle dies and ended up with circles of 3 sizes cut from Black and White CS.  I added black brads for the eyes and yellow CS pieces for the beak and feet. The card base is black CS layered with triangles of pattern papers from American Crafts  Kringle & Co pad.  The sentiment from MFP was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Black EP.  I can see Happy Harry on more Christmas cards maybe with a Santa hat or red bow tie?  I can see making him using oval shapes too.

Challenges to enter Happy Harry:
Die Cuttin Diva:  Challenge #177 Sketch- Circle dies used.
ABC Christmas Challenge: P is for Penguins
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Fur and/or Feather, Animal and/or Bird.  Used a bird.

 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 189 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

Helen said...

Love your penguin! So cute!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Samantha said...

hhahahaha He is Honestly Brilliant love him! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)