Sunday, August 17, 2014

Happy Birthday for the Man in My Life


Recently I viewed a video by Melanie using the Inspiration Mosaic Frame Stamp  and I thought that would be a great stamp to create a Masculine Birthday card for Mod Squad Challenge .  I spent a lot of time trying to get the frame embossed...the powder did not seem to adhere with heat.  I finally figured my Versamark Pad needed re-inking.   I finally decided to use watercolor paper to better color the panels on the stamped frame.  After stamping images in the blocks, I water colored 4 of the blocks.  I liked the distressed looks of the panels....almost looks like old wood in the 2 darker ones and a sunset in the sentiment panel. Finished with some metal embellishments that are always good for a masculine feel.

Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge: Masculine Birthday
Seize The Birthday: Anything Goes

Supplies:
Stamps: GKD Melanie's Inspirations Mosaic Frame and Sentiment and Theresa's Life is Good for the other images.
Ink: Distress Inks Vintage Photo and Wild Honey, Memento Rich Cocoa
Papers: Strathmore Watercolor Pad, GKD Pumpkin Spice CS
Metal Brads and Paper Clip
Water Brush

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

1 comment:

OttawaMom said...

This is a fantastic masculine card! That mosaic technique looks awesome. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at Seize the Birthday!