Saturday, August 16, 2014

Gathering Late Summer Flowers


Welcome to my studio!  Sometimes I wish I could stick with one style of card making and perfect a technique but I seem all over the board always trying something new or using older techniques and stamps.  Must be because I'm a Gemini. I am intrigued with new trends and am now enjoying dabbling in water coloring and cutting with the Cameo.  This week I had fun learning to stamp, print and cut with my Cameo creating my own cut files....this opens all sorts of new ways to use the Cameo.
For this card I used the Cameo to drag A Day for Daisies image from my files and cut out and then colored with Copics.  I followed the sketch from Sketch & Stash shown on right and layered pattern papers that I embossed and added ribbons and bow.  The image was colored with my favorite colors of pinks and greens and I added Glossy Accents to the flowers, dress, and hat. I placed sequins in the center of the flowers to add a bit more sparkle.  I love the feel of summer in this card and finished with a sunny sentiment.

Challenges:
Sketch 'n' Stash: Challenge # 144 see above right
A Day For Daisies: Challenge #102  is Get Glossy. Card base is a glossy CS and used Glossy Accents on image.
Die Cuttin Divas: Challenge #178 Use favorite color combination...Love Pink and Green
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says summer.
Fusion Card Challenge: Bright Floral Celebration-Use Photo Inspiration and/or Sketch. Inspired by colors and flowers in photo.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Use Pattern paper on entire card.

Supplies:
Stamps: A Day For Daisies digital image Gathering Summer, Power Poppy Summer Harvest sentiment
Inks: SU Regal Rose
Copics: RV11,21,23, Y11,26, E00,000,11,50, G21,40
Papers: Glossy White CS Base, White CS, MME Patterns from My Favorite Things Pad
Ribbons and Sequins from stash
Die: Blossom
EF: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Polka Dots
Cameo Machine

What is your favorite style or technique?
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

joy said...

This is adorable, Theresa! I can see that you will be using your Cameo for lots of designs. I am like you; I jump all over the place and just do whatever I'm in the mood for each time I make a card. I can't say I have my own style; but I do enjoy a lot of different techniques.

SmilynStef said...

What a sweet little lady ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge (the linky has been restored, if you want to stop back by and link-up).

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Adorable card! Such a sweet image!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Shelly said...

Oh how cute, pink and green are wonderful together!!

Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas!
Shelly

Michelle Lupton said...

This is just so sweet! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Fusion!

Jeanne J said...

So cute and wow that glossy accent on the flowers drew me in like a bee to honey!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Such a sweet little image and lovingly done!!! Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION, I truly hope that you are inspired by this upcoming challenge too!

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x