Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Fluttering By to Say Hi


Hello!  I love summer and the lovely butterflies that it brings.  I have not seen any blue butterflies in our neck of the woods but I thought this was one a  great entry for the challenge of Blues at The House That Stamps Built.  I used a blue glaze pen and Distress inks to color the butterfly image and background.  I layered this on an embossed layer of blue CS then a Patterned Layer and attached to a lighter blue card base.  I followed the Sweet Sunday sketch finishing with the sentiment on a ribbon banner and some sequins on the embossing.

Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: DCC813 - Blues
Sweet Sunday: Sketch # 232

Supplies:
Stamps: All from Repeat Impressions
Ink: Versamark,  Distress Ink Tumbled Glass, Broken China
Copic B04 and Sakura Blue Glaze Pen
Papers: Watercolor Paper, CS from Stash, Pattern from gcdstudio Special Delivery Pad
EP: Ranger Black EP
EF: Cuttlebug Pop Culture Borders
Die: Nestabilities Oval
Ribbon and Sequins from stash

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

2 comments:

joy said...

A gorgeous blue butterfly, Theresa! I have seen so many butterflies this summer; but most
of them have been the tiny white ones that flutter around my little flower garden.

Olga said...

Gorgeous card, love the sketch and details!