Sunday, August 17, 2014

Colorful Summer Dragonfly


Summer is coming to an end soon but the dragonflies are still in the garden.   The ones that we have are a beautiful iridescent blue and green that I have tried to capture on my card.  I had forgotten this PSX stamp until I saw my friend Joy's Dragonfly card on her blog here and  I pulled out the stamp to play with.  I also was inspired by this week's challenge at Just Us Girls to use blues and greens.  I colored the image with Glaze pens .....which gave a very shiny finish. Added some doodling with the black glaze pen. Added Pear Tart coloring to the edge of the image and looped edge ribbon to finish.  I thought the pattern paper was a perfect combo.

Challenges:
Just Us Girls: Blues, Greens and any Neutrals
Simon Wednesday: Simon says Summer
CAS-Colours and Sketches: Sketch Challenge #87
613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes

Supplies:
Stamps: PSX Dragonfly (from 2000), Repeat Impressions Sentiment
Inks: Versamark, Memento Pear Tart Pad and Marker, Summer Sky
Glaze Pens: Blue, Greens, Black....wish the glossiness showed better in photo
Papers: White, Black CS,  Kathy Davis Journeys Paper Pad
Black Embossing Powder
Ribbon

Enjoy this summer day!
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

11 comments:

Chana said...

Delightful creation, very nicely executed and presented! Thanks for visiting us here at 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to your next visit!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for playing along this week at CC&S - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

Virginia Lu said...

Truly fabulous! I love your coloring of the dragonfly! So refreshing and summery! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Summer Challenge!

C. Jellie said...

This is a stunning card. I love the look of the glaze pens on the image. Great match between the image and paper.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Great job with the color challenge.....love the dragonflies! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

joy said...

Oh, Theresa! I love your blue and green dragonfly. I think I might have that PSX stamp somewhere around here. Thanks for the shoutout!

karen h said...

Wonderful card - beautiful coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That dragonfly is beautiful, so perfect for our color challenge! Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome bg coloring with the image! Thanks for joining in with JUGS~

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and B.paper-gorgeous image and great colouring-we have had a beautiful large blue/green dragonfly in the garden this after-noon despite it being cold!--thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

Patricia H. said...

I really like the cool blue and green color scheme here! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!