Friday, August 22, 2014

Another Black, Silver, and Gold Creation




Some cards just do not come together without a lot of trial and error.  Such was this card for Merry Monday Christmas Challenge that I combined with the Sketch N Stash challenge and the Cheery Lynn Design Challenge to use Doilies.  Maybe that was just too much to combine but I think I did it.  I kept changing papers and embellishments and even the dies.  This was my finished project using some old black flocked pattern paper from DCWV to which I added some silver and gold embossing to add some more shine.  I am not going through all the steps in making this card as I think you can see in the photo.

Other challenges to enter:
Papertake Weekly Challenge: To die for-use die cut

Supplies:
Die: Cheery Lynn French Pastry Doily Die , Circle dies
Stamp: GKD verse from First Christmas
Ink: Versamark
EP: Ranger Gold , Zing Silver
Papers: Black CS, Silver Paper, Gold Metallic, DCWV La Crème   Mat Stack
Punch: Martha Stewart Scallop Loop Border

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

14 comments:

Olga said...

you aced this one!!!!

Anita Kejriwal said...

What a fine and simple card !!! Thanks for joining the cheery lynn challenge, best of luck.

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

joy said...

Looks perfect to me! I love these elegant colors and the doily is so pretty.

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, Theresa! I just love the gold doily and the wonderful design! Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Sandy Hulsart said...

Oh, this is so stunning, what a wonderful holiday card. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Bonnie said...

Another beautiful silver, gold and black card, Theresa! Thanks for sharing again at Merry Monday!

Karen said...

Gold and silver is a favorite of mine! This is stunning! Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge..good luck!

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely card hun, I love the colour scheme and the main sentiment is great :) Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Lori said...

Gorgeous card! No worries about not nailing it - you did! Love the doily :) Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxoxo

Debbie's Time Out said...

Love all the gold and embossing on this card. Nice choice of a doily. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Design challenge

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely design Theresa, I like the flocked paper and the gold doily. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Linda said...

Beautiful design. Linda xx

Vivi Casale said...

that is a beautifull card!!
Thanks for playing with us at Sketch N Stash!!
xoxo