Saturday, July 5, 2014

Tropical Sunset Found on My Desk


If you have been on my blog this week, you know I have been having fun with Distress Inks at Winnie & Walter's Blog.   Day 4 is featuring Tim Holtz Distress Inks  using Stencils/Masks.  Check out the details here.  I found this challenge easier to make a card for than anticipated.  I had some leftovers on my desk from an earlier challenge (posted here)  using  Distress Inks.  As I was looking over some of my previous attempts to make backgrounds on watercolor paper, I decided this colored paper, when turned just right, looked like a tropical sunset and I came up with the idea of using a Palm Tree stencil to make this project.  I used DI Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, and Brushed Corduroy to color in the tree and Vintage Photo for the Hello from Winnie & Walter's The Big, The Bold, and The Happy stamp set. I trimmed the paper and added to a coral card base.  Easy enough!!   Distress inks used on background were Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey, and Barn Door.

 I had forgot all about these old stencils that I had.....came across them on the hunt for something else. Have no earthly idea where they were  originally from.  But I was glad to have found in time for this challenge.

Stay tuned....will be right back with a final entry for Day 5.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

2 comments:

Lin said...

WOW, you nailed the sunset, Theresa! Just love your card!!

Brenda said...

Your sunset is perfect! I had to laugh, I found stencils I had forgotten about also:).