Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Summer Gladiolus


Hello!  I was being a bit creative using this image of Gladiolus on its side but it's just the way  I felt doing it. No logical reason why I did it.... I know they do not grow that way.  Glads come in nearly every color of the rainbow and  I decided to do mine in coral and orange tones by coloring with Copics....sorry no list. I followed the sketch shown below right.

Challenges to enter:
Power Poppy Peep of the Week: Use a Power Poppy stamp image on a project and link to their blog.
Seize the Sketch: STS#25 from Mona -see graphic on right
Simon Wednesday: Simon Says Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes

Supplies:
Stamps: Power Poppy Gladiolus Digi and Sentiment from Azalea Set
Ink: Memento Bamboo Leaves
Copics
Paper: Coral, Green, and White CS from stash, Pattern Paper from Fancy Pants Happy Go Lucky Pad
EF: Cuttlebug Herringbone
Dies: Spellbinders circle and scallop circle
Grosgrain Ribbon from stash

Sorry, the photo shows the card a bit wonky but the edges are really straight.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

13 comments:

Benzi said...

Theresa, your glads are so pretty. I love a coral color...one of my favorite colors.
I rarely see glads, anymore. I think I some at a distance this year in a yard or two. I think they are so pretty.

Marybeth said...

Theresa, this is such a pretty card and beautiful flowers. I like the way you used the ribbon too. Thanks so much for joining us over at Seize the Sketch.

ChristineCreations said...

Such lovely colouring on the glads. And that’s what’s fun about cardmaking isn’t it - that you can put them any way you like! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy Theresa!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the flowers and the ribbon treatment.
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

joy said...

Hi, Theresa! Hope you are having a wonderful summer.

Glads were my dad's favorite flower and he(being an avid gardener) had them in every color in his flower beds. I love this pretty card and putting the flowers on their side is a clever and unexpected design.

Barb Ghig said...

I think the Gladiolus looks really pretty on its' side, and the color combo that your chose for this card is just beautiful!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week! Hope you'll come back again soon!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow! So very beautiful! Love the pretty blossoms! Thanks for joining along with Seize the Sketch!

Kylie said...

I love that you turned them onto their side. Beautifully coloured! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Katie Sims said...

Theresa, your card is lovely and I love that you took some creative license with the direction of your glads....that is the benefit to creating your own cards....you can do whatever you like! I am so "glad" you could play along with this week at Power Poppy! :)

Leslie Miller said...

I recognized this sketch right away. I love Seize the Sketch because they always leave room for the image. Your peachy coral colors are pretty and, heck, you could put these flowers upside down and they'd still be gorgeous. I need to get some more of these colored. So many stamps, so little time! Thanks again for playing, Theresa!

Irish Cherokee said...

I think the gladiolas would be beautiful no matter how they are positioned. They are colored perfectly and love the card. The colors you chose are excellent. - Jim

cheiron said...

Gorgeous flowers and gorgeous color combo! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such pretty colored flowers and use of the sketch! Thanks for joining in at STS!