Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Summer Geraniums

 
I love the July release from Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley and am having fun playing with the new digital stamps from the Bloom Wildly Collection.  My all time favorite stamps are floral designs which I just love coloring and I am very addicted to Marcella's designs.
I made this card for the Power Power Peep of the Week challenge.  I love Red Geraniums but I just had to color these in Pink and gave a vintage feel inking with Distress Ink and tearing the edges.  Watercolor paper gives a great look when torn. I printed this image on Watercolor Paper and colored with Copics.   This was a bit of an experiment because I had never colored with Copics on watercolor paper but I loved the outcome.  No smearing of the printout or bleeding of the Copics.   I simply laid the image on a pattern paper background and  added to the card base with some ribbons and tied on the sentiment.  I really wanted the Geraniums to be the star of the card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Power Poppy Geraniums Digital and Sentiment from Country Side Bouquet Digital  Set
Paper: Watercolor paper, GKD Green CS, MME Pattern from Lost & Found Blush Pad
Ink: Distress Ink Antique Linen
Copics: RV000, 11, 17, 21, YG03, 63, 95
Pencils and Pink Glaze Pen (Center of Flowers)
Ribbons and Gem from Stash

Other Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More: #102 Make your mark.
Crafty Ribbons Challenge: Anything goes with ribbons.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: July-Use patterned paper
Clear It Out Challenge: Theme- In the Garden, Stash - Ribbon

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

14 comments:

Patti P. said...

Beautiful Theresa, I bought the new stamps yesterday as well and can't wait to use them. Love your coloring (pink and coral are my fave colors for geraniums)...great job on spotlighting this beautiful image!!! Love the vintage vibe.
hugs.....

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautiful card Theresa. Geraniums are one of the first plants to go into the yard in spring.

ChristineCreations said...

I love the geraniums in pink! Beautifully coloured and put together! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Power Poppy!

Wei said...

I like this power poppy flower image. and I like you beautiful coloring! It's awesome! Thank you for sharing this charming card at ATSM!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Theresa, this is beautiful! Congrats on being a Peep of the Week!

Linda said...

Your card turned out beautifully. Wonderful coloring.

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Super gorgeous Geraniums Theresa great card really delicious and thank you for joining us at Clear it Out - have a great day hugs Judith DT x

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Super gorgeous Geraniums Theresa great card really delicious and thank you for joining us at Clear it Out - have a great day hugs Judith DT x

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, sweet image , wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

Erin Stephenson said...

What a great creation! Love the colors. Thanks for playing at Clear it out. We hope to see you next time! Good luck!

cm said...

Using copics on water -colour paper, and no smearing? Oh my, I think you may rekindle my desire to use two things that often cause me exasperation! Your geranimums are nothing short of stunning; beautifully coloured! Thank you so much for sharing this gem at ATSM!
~c

Deepti said...

This is a stunner! Love the superb coloring, Thank you for sharing with ATSM!

Anke said...

Lovely creation, thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
hugs Anke

Hazel said...

Pretty. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper July challenge with your super creation - hope to see you again soon x