Monday, July 7, 2014

Red, White and Blue


 I was playing with a few challenges and ended up with a Red, White, and Blue card but not with a patriotic theme but used a floral design. I used the sketch and colors/design in the photo from the Fusion challenge shown to the right.  Starting with a white card base, I stamped flowers from Avery Elle Petals and Stems set in Memento Lady Bug ink.  I made a banner with Glossy Blue scrap that I embossed with Darice Chevron EF and inked the raised areas with Memento Paris Dusk ink. I fussy cut a larger stamped flower and popped up on a circle of Shiny Red Cardstock. The sentiment from same stamp set was heat embossed with white puff EP on another scrap of the Red Shiny paper cut with a Spellbinders label die.
Challenges:
Fusion: Red, White and Blue-Used both the sketch and photo shown in graphic.
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash: Red, White and Blue
Tuesday Throwdown: Anything Goes
Crazy 4 Challenges: Red, White, and Blue

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Jeanne J said...

Great card - I love the focus on the pretty blooms that you stamped perfectly!

SmilynStef said...

What pretty blooms ... love your detail cutting ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

Michal Mac said...

Beautiful card! I especially love the "thinking of you" tag. And the massive, gorgeous flowers! Because who wouldn't?!

Sarah said...

This is really pretty and what a great flower stamp! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week!

Betty J. said...

Pretty stamping job. Thanks for playing along at FUSION and hope to see you again.

Michelle Lupton said...

Great take on the sketch and photo! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion :)