Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July

 
Today, Marcella has a special challenge on her blog Power Poppy ....Let Freedom Ring......
1 point for everyone who uses Power Poppy stamps or digis!
2 points if you use Power Poppy images with patriotic colors representing YOUR country
3 points for everyone who follows the first two steps plus uses one of our digi freebies!
 
I had already begun this card using her new digital image Arranging Roses which I used with Red, White, and Blue and just had to use one of her great patriotic digi freebies which you can find on her post today here with all the details on the challenge.
 
 


Image used as a Framed Picture
 I tried something new for me in the making of this card.  I used Distress Inks and water colored  the image that I printed on watercolor paper.   I have seen so many card makers using Distress Inks in this manner and decided that I must give a try.  I simply added some of the inks on acrylic blocks and used water brushes to color in the details.  I need some practice in improving the shading and blending in this technique but over all I liked the results.  I managed to stay in the lines and had no problem with colors bleeding.  I cut an oval frame in Blue Textured Car stock and placed over my Colored Image and used the same CS as the card base. To finish, I printed one of Marcella's sentiment in red on Watercolor paper and attached to top of my card.  I also plan to use this image in a frame...I just cut an oval in a mat 5" x 7" of same CS  that I will lay on top of the card for the frame.

Close up View of my Watercolor
Supplies:
Digital Stamps: Power Poppy Arranging Roses and Freebie Sentiment
Inks: DI Aged Mahogany,  Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Broken China?,   Atyou Spica Silver Marker
Papers: Strathmore Watercolor and Blue CS
Water Brush

Have a Happy and Safe  4th of July Weekend!
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Very pretty red roses! I like the CAS design and the sentiment looks great! Thanks for playing in our Power Poppy challenge!

ChristineCreations said...

I love how this looks in the frame Theresa! Lovely patriotic design! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy this week!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I can't believe you've never used water coloring this way before Theresa!! You did a beautiful job! Love the rich roses with the patriotic colors!!