Friday, July 11, 2014

Flowers for a Happy Summer

 
Nothing says summer better that red geraniums ....a great flower .  This geranium  digital image is from Power Poppy's latest digital release and the sentiment is from her Sassy Succulents set. I printed the flowers on watercolor paper and colored with Copics R11, 29, 43 and greens (forgot to list) and used black glaze pen on the centers.  I fussy cut the Geraniums and added to a layer of watercolor paper cut with a Nesties Blossom die. The sentiment was stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink.  Guess I could have just cut the image with the die but why not do things the hard way???  Using a card base of GKD Green CS, I used a background of Dotted  MME Pattern Paper embossed with Cuttlebug EF Swiss Dots. Wrapped that layer with green satin looped ribbon and added the image with foam dots  .Love, love the Power Poppy stamps. They are so fun to color.
Challenge Link:
Power Poppy: Peep of the Week

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

An excellent choice for a summer card. Great coloring Too.

Marcella Hawley said...

What an absolutely beautiful, cheery summertime card, Theresa!! You have a wonderful command on coloring my images for sure! We are so happy you shared your work with us! ~m

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Your geraniums look wonderful. I like the bold red color, great speckled background to boot. Thanks for playing in Power Poppy's Challenge!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Ooooo...Lovin' the rich red!! And I love your textured background too! So glad you joined in on the Power Poppy Peep Challenge!!

ChristineCreations said...

Such a vibrant and warm card! That scalloped circle die is perfect to fram them out. Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy Theresa!

Dawn B. said...

This is such a pretty color Theresa. I love the rich warm feeling of your card. Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, look at all that fabulous red! And amazing job with the cutting. I love it and I'm so happy to see your card in our Peep of the Week Challenge!

Julie Koerber said...

Oh Theresa -- what a GORGEOUSLY colored geranium! Bright red is my absolute fave and you've done this plant justice! :-)