Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Countryside Bouquet


Hello again!   I have been playing with Power Poppy's Countryside Bouquet digital image that I printed on watercolor paper and water colored with Distress inks and a water brush.  This is only the second image that I have ever colored in this manner.  I must say that I was really happy with the final results and how well I stayed in the lines. To see the details even better, click on the image to enlarge.  The hardest part of this card was deciding how to finish....the image laid on my desk a few days before I finally chose the card base and background. I pulled out the blue from the bouquet by adding some ribbon and sprinkles.  I thought this looked best as a square card which I seldom make.

I will share this at the Power Poppy Peep of the Week challenge.




Other Challenge:
Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge:  Use a Hand Colored Image

Supplies:
Stamps: Power Poppy Countryside Bouquet digital image,  Power Poppy Sentiment from Lavender    set
Inks: Distress Inks Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Tea Dye
         SU Always Artichoke
Papers: Strathmore Watercolor Paper, Rusty Orange and Green CS from Stash, Fancy Pants Pattern Paper from
              Happy Go Lucky Pad
Loopy Ribbon and Sprinkles from stash
Nestabilities  Circle Dies
Corner Punch

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Great card and very impressive water coloring. - Jim

Allison Cope said...

Absolutely stunning Theresa! Love the colours in your bouquet!

Olga said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Theresa, love your colors in this beautiful bouquet, and your coloring is over the top gorgeous! I really like how you added the bit of extra color at the base of the cosmos petals. Your background paper is subtle and perfect, too. So glad to see your card in our Power Poppy challenge this week!

Katie Sims said...

Your wildflower bouquet is colored beautifully, Theresa! I think this looks awesome as a square card and all of your sweet details finish it off perfectly! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Power Poppy! :)

Julie Koerber said...

Beautifully colored Theresa and I love your card layout -- it's got a fun modern edge to it! :-)

ChristineCreations said...

That’s awesome that you were able to get the watercolouring to work with the digis! Lovely design! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy!

Diane said...

Just beautiful Theresa and glad you could join us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

craftybunny said...

Your colouring is just beautiful.Truly delightful card.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x (GDT)