Sunday, July 13, 2014

Coloring Vellum


Welcome!  This card was inspired by a video about coloring vellum from Jennifer McGuire seen here. I just had to try her tips and techniques.  I stamped Flowers and Leaves from Technique Tuesday Two Stepping set with versamark on clear vellum and heat embossed with white EP. I colored the backs of the images with Memento Markers Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Lilac Posies, Bamboo Leaves, New Sprout, Cantaloupe, and Dandelion. I fussy cut the flowers and leaves. I cut a banner with Cameo from pink vellum and white cardstock. I heat embossed W&W's Happy Birthday on the vellum and layered on the white banner.  Using a White CS Card Base,  I added  a layer of white embossed with Cuttlebug  EF Wicker Weave and arranged and attached  the banner, flowers and leaves with Vellum tape.  Love the lovely texture and colors on this card.
Challenges:
CAS(E) this Sketch: See graphic on the right
Simon Wednesday:  Let's be clear!  Hope it's clear that I clearly used vellum.
Mod Squad Challenge: Love that texture.  Texture is in the embossing and the embossed vellum.
Crafty Catz Challenge: All about Flowers
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Lin said...

I ADORE your card, Theresa! One of my favorite stamps, and it looks fantastic on vellum! (it's been pinned) Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is so pretty! Love the embossing, and those gorgeous vellum flowers are.....Wow! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Mod Squad Challenge.

Irish Cherokee said...

Stellar color on the flowers and excellent card. Nice work.

Janette said...

Teresa your card is stunning, I love those flowers, so pretty...
Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! Your vellum flowers look lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Let's Be Clear!

Nancy said...

One of my very favorite techniques! Lovely flowers and beautiful card! So glad you shared it with us at Seize the Birthday!

Mad Moose said...

Very pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

donna mikasa said...

Those vellum flowers are so pretty--a fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at CTS!