Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer Is Here

 Welcome Summer!  Summer arrived this weekend and what a beautiful weekend it was.  I have a lot of zinnias blooming, one of my favorite summer flowers. I was inspired to make this card using bright colors of yellow, orange and ivory by the Just Us Girls challenge and a sketch from Seize the Sketch ( link closed before I posted). I do not have any orange zinnias but they do make a bright, colorful bouquet.
Challenges:
Just Us Girls: #246 color challenge
Mod Squad Challenge: Summer Colors. Colored my image with yellow and orange ....very much summer colors.
Crafty Ribbons Challenge: Let's go spotty with Ribbon. Spots on my ribbon and also in my image.
Craft Your Passion Challenge:  Theme is The Bold and The Beautiful....use bold bright colors.


Supplies:
Stamp: Flourishes Zinnias
Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle, Tangelo
Copics: Oranges, Yellows, Greens
Papers: Yellow Textured, Orange, Ivory CS
Dies: Nesties Square
Ribbon: Yellow Satin with white dots
EF: Cuttlebug Bubbles


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Great job with the color challenge! I love those pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Benzi said...

Theresa, this is such a beautiful bouquet of zinnias. I love them in the garden, too, but they always mildew so I just quit planting them.

Olga said...

gorgeous, love the color!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges. hugs, Helena

Irish Cherokee said...

Really interesting card. The cork looks like cork not card stock. Your choice of succulents is great for images. very nice.

Lee said...

WOWZA!!! I love the bright and gorgeous coloring of those zinnias!! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with Mod Squad!

Nancy said...

Wow...those flowers look great! Your coloring is awesome Theresa! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Maria Levine said...

Very pretty flowers! Nice job and thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

craftybunny said...

What a beautiful,sunny card.The flowers give it a really Summery feel.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x